Dylan Gibson illustrationAbout Dylan Gibson IllustrationPortfoliodownload wallpaperscontact Dylan

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Tally Ho!


This is a recently finished illustration and will soon be posted on my website folio pages.  Adding new images and keeping the content of my site fresh and up to date is important to keep people coming back while also broadening the subject matter on display.  It can take time to come up with something new if I’m lucky I can maybe add two illustrations a week.  Sometimes these are paid commissions others are selected from self-initiated work. 
My sketch in pencil roughly works out the perspective and dive angle I want to show .


The Spitfire artwork is something I wanted to add to my folder, it’s the sort of thing I hope appeals to potential clients that are in children’s publishing in the UK, the type of illustration they might use for a reference book or children’s encyclopedia if my style is appropriate for the project.   The image itself was sketched out first in pencil then refined and finished off as a pen and ink illustration.  The colour was added after it was scanned on the computer with Photoshop.

Also personally the Spitfire is a very impressive plane, I was lucky enough as a child to get inside the cockpit of one on display and I had a little airfix model I built too.  So it was very nice to revisit those memories and have fun drawing it.

Finished image in pen and ink coloured on Photoshop.  Note the angle of the plane in relation to the horizontal line shown by the White Cliffs of Dover in the background.
Please visit my sight to see more here or follow me on Facebook
Many thanks for dropping by.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent art! Would love to use your sketch as an image cover for my Medium post, is there any way I can contact you?

    ReplyDelete

Dylan Gibson